Sunday, December 25, 2011

All in White


As a Texas girl, I had never seen a white Christmas…until two years ago.  As we headed to the church on Christmas Eve to unload trailers and set up our portable church at the time, the snow had already begun to fall, and the roads were turning to ice.  By the time we got out of church, the storm had worsened so much that my husband had to pour hot coffee on the trailer locks just to get them open.  We slid all the way home, and it became very apparent we weren’t going to go out of town as planned that night. 
The next morning, Christmas Day, we awoke to a winter wonderland.  The snow had continued through the night, and the white blanket of snow covered everything we could see.  I slipped on the ice outside in my non-weather appropriate shoes as I captured as much of it as I could on camera.  I wanted to remember that moment forever.  (I figured it took 28 years to see the first one, it might take me another 28 to see the next!) 

As we awake today to the joy of Christmas and the gift of God’s Son, imagine how much greater the second coming of Christ will be.  In the last verse of the hymn Once in Royal David’s City, we sing “Then like stars His children, crowned, all in white, His praise will sound!”  

Celebrate the beautiful sight this morning, whatever the weather may be, as we prepare for the most beautiful sight of all – our Savior and Lord.
“The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life.  I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.”  Revelation 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment