Monday, April 30, 2012

Menu Mondays: Key Lime Pound Cake

I love to cook!  Rarely do we have the same thing twice in our house, because I am always trying new recipes.  On Monday night, we have our annual Schola family dinner, and usually I throw together a boring pasta salad, but this year, I planned ahead. 

Now, cooking with me is not for the light of heart.  Everything is typically covered in flour, I typically burn myself, cut myself, or otherwise injure something, and there is a lot of swearing.  I'm pretty sure that's how my great-grandma did it, so I'm just keeping her memory alive.

I haven't gotten to taste this yet, but if it's as good as it looks, oh my gosh.  So, straight from Southern Living, here it is!  And make sure you add the lime juice before you put it in the oven.  Don't ask how I know this. 





Key Lime Pound Cake

Key Lime Glaze

Enjoy!  I'll let you know how it is on this end!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, that looks amazing. I'm a new follower - just noticed on facebook that you were blogging!
    Chrissy Beltran
    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete