Monday, July 2, 2012

Menu Mondays: Pasta, Peas, Pesto, and Sun-dried Tomatoes

I have a love/hate relationship with summer cooking.  I have tons of time to cook, but it is so hot outside that I don't really want to eat or heat up my house with the oven.  I want to make a delicious dinner, but I also don't even want to put on pants. 

We tried a tasty dish tonight from a really great blog called Eat Yourself Skinny.  Her Shells with Pesto, Peas, and Tomatoes was perfect for a hot day.  I made a couple of adjustments, and there's a few things I would do differently in the future.  Her recipe calls for you to make your own pesto - I did this with basil fresh out of my garden, but honestly, I like Buittoni pesto so much, that I'll probably just buy that next time.  I also used farfalle noodles instead of shells, but mostly because that's what they had at the store I was at.  I added more peas, too, because that's just how I roll.  (Get it?  Peas are round?? hehe.) 

It got a big thumbs up from Kyle, and only involves heating up one pot on the stove to cook the pasta.  All in all?  Great summer meal. 

Pants optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment