Monday, September 3, 2012

Menu Mondays: My New Favorite Salad

Yes, you read that right.  I have a favorite salad!

Let me say it again.

Michelle. Gibson. likes. a. salad.

This is tweaked a bit from a recipe I found on pinterest, and I love it so much I had it in twice in one week!  I have a feeling you'll love it as much as I do.  Just so you know, when I cook some things, I just throw in what I feel looks right, so you won't find as many details on specific amounts as you might in other recipes:

Spinach and Strawberry Salad:
Spinach - as much as you want for however many people you have
Strawberries - about 8, sliced thin
Walnuts - 1/4 a cup to 1/2 a cup
Feta Cheese - throw that stuff on there...feta is delicious!

Dressing:
2 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp of dijon mustard
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar

1. Toast the walnuts in the oven on 350 for about 8 minutes.  (Be sure to check that you don't burn them!)
2. Combine all ingredients for your dressing and whisk together.  
3. Combine strawberries, spinach, walnuts, and feta in a large bowl.  
4. Pour dressing on top and enjoy extreme yumminess!  

It was so good I couldn't even take an after pic!  I downed it.

Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment