Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Banner

Kyle works every 5th Saturday, so I like to call those days "Michelle Day."  I turn on HGTV all day, stay in my pjs, and do crafty projects.  Sometimes I even sneak in a nap.

You'd think that would've changed when WP came along, but no!  He jumped right into my groove!  He's happy to stay in his pjs, snuggle while we watch HGTV, take a nap with mom, and plays with his toys while I tell him about my crafts.  


See?  He doesn't mind a bit!  

According to my husband, I am the ONLY person that decorates for Valentine's Day, and I know that just can't be true, so u have a fun craft to share with you today!  


I pink puffy heart burlap right now.  (Yeah, I said that.). This one couldn't be easier!  You'll need a few things:  burlap triangles (I got mine at Hobby Lobby), a stencil, red paint, jute, and your hot glue gun.



Place your stencil on the burlap, and dab the paint brush over the stencil.  (Don't try and paint it with strokes - you'll end up with streaks of paint outside your stencil. 

I chose to paint XOXO, but you could do hearts, or anything else.

Once your paint is dry, hot glue a strip of jute to the top of your banner, making sure to leave plenty of jute on both ends for hanging. 

  
Yes, it looks a little rough at the top, but that's the fun of being of shabby chic!  

It's easy as pie!  However, if you don't want to make your own, I have them for sale!  I'll make it for you for $15 (plus $5.95 for shipping).  You have to order by January 20th so i can have it for you in plenty of time to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment