Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WP's Nursery: The paint

This is by far my FAVORITE transformation in his room.

As I've mentioned before, we're renting, which usually means no changes to anything on the inside, and it usually means white walls.  Our landlords actually lived in this house before they leased it, however, and they LOVED color.  Every wall in our house is a color other than white, and honestly, I love 90% of the color choices.  It's bright and cheery, and color hides all sorts of dirt.  There was one room, however, that made me want to vomit. 

The future nursery.

 See what I mean?

When I asked our landlord about it, he said these were his son's favorite colors, and it seemed like a good idea at the time. 

Then he happily gave us permission to paint.

Mom (in the picture above) and I spent a couple of days during my spring break taping, priming (the colors were SO dark not even paint plus primer would work), and getting that nasty stuff out. 
 Then this happened!  Look how beautiful!  We chose Martha Stewart's Aegean Blue for the room, and truth be told, I had no clue if we were having a girl or a boy, I just loved the color!  (The picture above is the exact same wall and window.  What a difference!)

Even Bryson dog loved the new wall color, and quickly found a new corner, his favorite, to snuggle into while waiting for his baby brother to arrive.  The color looks totally different in the different lights, which is kind of what I like about it.  The sea can change depending on the light, the weather, etc., and that's exactly what this does. 

What is YOUR favorite paint color?

No comments:

Post a Comment