Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Wannabe Pioneer Woman: Spicy Whiskey BBQ Sliders

This is my favorite recipe of hers thus far.  Oh my word, delicious!  It's fairly easy, which is good, since I cooked them for a Monday night dinner, and fairly quick.

I love sliders, because they're tiny.  Who doesn't love a little tiny food?!  Also, you can eat 15 or so, because they're so small...who will notice if you have another?

 After making these tiny burgers, you cook a wonderful little sauce with onions, bbq sauce, and whiskey.  (It can be made without the whiskey, but this really gives it a tasty flavor.)

Let me give you this one important tip.

Cook.the.whiskey.out.

Give it more time than you think it needs.

Do not ask me how I know this.

Anyway, I served them on my favorite slider rolls - King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (SO good!) and sauteed some squash as a side.

There's sauce all over my plate, but these smelled so good I just couldn't clean up the plate for a pretty picture!


2 comments:

  1. These look flavorful and I'm truly thinking about them for New Years. Do you imagine that I could make them ahead and warm them in the broiler? A debt of gratitude is in order for the formula!

    regards,
    web: click here

    ReplyDelete