Wednesday, August 13, 2014

So...we moved.

Every day I think, "I'm going to sit down and blog" and every day Kyle comes up with something he thinks I need to do on the house, and then pinterest thinks I need to sit down and do stuff.  Oops.

It's about time to blog about our new house!

We moved a whole 7 miles from our other house, so while it wasn't a big move, there are definitely some differences!  Where Trophy Club was more of an affluent (and we weren't) and golf course community , Roanoke is more laid back and country.   Some differences:

Trophy Club:  A major highway was behind our house.  We heard the highway All. The. Time.
Roanoke:  I walk two houses down to the end of the street and see cattle and goats.  It's so quiet right now, I can hear my Dr. Pepper fizzing.



Trophy Club:  I got to my house by passing the golf course on a lovely tree-lined boulevard.
Roanoke:  I get to my house on a bumpy tree-lined country road (and I LOVE it!)

 

Trophy Club:  4 restaurants
Roanoke:  The unique dining capital of Texas!

Trophy Club:  From my house, I see more houses.
Roanoke:  From my house, I see Texas Motor Speedway!
 
Photo from here.

Our house is only 2 years old, so it has some great efficiency features, and we've had a lot of fun making it ours.  William and Bryson have adjusted quite well to their new surroundings as well.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment