Friday, January 2, 2015

See ya later, 2014!

As seems to be our norm, we had some big changes in 2014.  I don't think I've ever sat down at the end of the year and thought, "Well, nothing changed this year."  It seems the only thing that remains constant is change itself.

So what changed with the Gibsons this year?

We bought a new house and moved to a new town...
We moved to Roanoke, TX this year and bought a beautiful house that we love.  It not only had a great office space for me, a dining room that could double as a waiting space for my students and parents, but the house was practically new, and the finishes were all what we would've picked. 

William turned ONE...
Our sweet baby boy turned one in August.  I'm in disbelief that I have a tiny person running around the house instead of a little infant.  It happened overnight, I'm positive.  He's such a silly little boy and full of joy, and we celebrated with an awesome robot birthday party.

I changed school districts.
I loved my old school district, and loved the people there, but it was time for something a little closer to home.  Switching has let me work and be a mom when I need to, and help to support the district that we live in.  I love the new schools I'm working with, and the new teachers as well.  It's a great fit for me!

We had a pretty good year over all, and I'm excited to see what 2015 has in store.  My resolutions are ready as well, and I'll post about those soon.

What was your favorite part of 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment