Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Worthwhile

***Did you notice my awesome new layout??  BIG thanks to Crystal at My Ramblings!***

I had hoped to sit down and write this post full of energy and excited about 2015.  After being up at 4:20 this morning with my psycho toddler, I realized that just isn't going to happen.  I'm going to write this post tired and exhausted, because it needs to happen, but more about that in a minute.

Usually my new goals are lofty and wordy and I have no chance of remembering it.  This year, I decided to keep it to one word - one word to focus on through the year.  Turns out, there's a whole "one little word" thing that you can read about here

My word?

I am really bad at procrastinating, especially on important things that would lead to bigger things.  Another year comes around, and I am nowhere near where I wanted to be, and I'm tired of it.  I think "Meh, I don't feel like doing blah blah today, I'll wait until tomorrow" and tomorrow never comes.  Every day I want to do something that is worthwhile towards my future.  That doesn't mean that every single moment of every day has to be purposeful, and rest is definitely worthwhile!

To keep myself accountable, I'm keeping a note on my phone of one thing I do each day that's worthwhile.  I'll be sharing with you each month what those things are to keep myself accountable as well.  Blogging is one thing I want to do more of this year, which is why I'm writing this post TODAY, when I'm grumpy and exhausted.

What's your one word for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment