Saturday, January 10, 2015

Wannabe Pioneer Woman: Beef Stew

I got a new cookbook for Christmas!  I had so much fun cooking with the cookbook I got last year, that Kyle got me another one of Ree's fabulous cookbooks.

Food From My Frontier has some delicious looking recipes, and I jumped into cooking right away!  Ree's beef stew smelled so good that I didn't even get any pictures of it.

A tip - START THIS ONE EARLY.  I am terrible at reading directions, and I failed to realize that the meat needed to cook for 2 hours.

Yeah.

I ended up going to Schlotzsky's to pick up dinner and we had this for lunch the next day.  It was worth the wait!  I also didn't have any beef broth, so I used chicken broth instead, but it turned out fine.

The recipe calls for a beer, so I grabbed an Austin Beerworks Pearl Snap. 


Did you see the news about the 99 pack of beer back in the fall?  One of those guys was my husband's college roommate, so we are lucky enough to have a steady stream of beer!

 You know you're jealous.

But enough about the beer.  Make this stew!  Start early!  The Pioneer Woman has it posted on her website here. (Her pictures and instructions are amazing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment