First of all, a BIG congrats to Emily C. from Maryland, our big lucky giveaway winner! Go check out her blog at www.newlywedmoments.com. Congrats Emily!
I always thought I would have girls. I may be a country girl, but I'm really more the Southern Belle type. I love shoes, pedicures, Coach purses...and a good glass of iced tea. I imagined getting pedicures with my daughter and having lunch dates and shopping...lots of shopping.
Boy was I surprised yesterday to see boy parts!! I think I was still in shock yesterday and trying to wrap my head around my little kiddo. Don't take that last part the wrong way - I am THRILLED to be having a baby, and I didn't care what it was, I was just surprised!! But as God does, He surprises us in the neatest ways.
As I've had about 36 hours to digest and envision this new life to come, I am beyond thrilled. I have to tell you, being a boy mom is going to be awesome!! I know there are many things that I am yet to discover about this, but here are the things I've thought of so far that rock:
1. Not sharing my clothes and shoe budget. Boys need WAY less accessories, meaning that stuff still goes to Mama.
2. I'll now be completely outnumbered in the house, including the dog, which means I remain the Queen of the Household.
3. Boys LOVE their mamas. We were discussing this in the choir office today, and one of the orchestra aides (boy) chimed in with, "My mom is AWESOME!"
4. A boy and his dog. Oh my goodness will Bryson dog have a new best friend.
5. Getting to watch my husband teach William sports and how to be a rough and tumble boy, while at the same time learning how to properly treat ladies.
I get more and more excited by the minute about this little blessing. I can't wait to meet my son!