Saturday, May 11, 2013

25 weeks - thoughts on Mother's Day

25 weeks held a great milestone - Kyle felt WP kick for the first time!  He was going nuts one night as we were getting ready for bed, and finally kicked the crap out of Kyle's hand.  Since then, he's shown off a little more.  He snuggled up to the hand of our teacher aid (already a flirt!), and I've had one other friend that's gotten to feel him kick.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, and I have to admit, I still have mixed feelings on this day.  I am elated to celebrate tomorrow with this little boy kicking the crap out of my insides, but I still remember the all too fresh pain of last year and the loss of our babies.  Last Mother's Day, I was still recovering from surgery because my body had failed and couldn't support a healthy pregnancy.  The day was anything but happy and celebratory.

Tomorrow we celebrate this little boy that gets bigger by the day, and I celebrate my mother and my mother in law, and my grandmas, and all the women who have laid this legacy for me to become the mother I hope to be.  I celebrate all the women who have been mother figures to me.

I'm also praying for all of you that are sad this day.  They've either lost their mothers or babies, or are still waiting on their own gift of life.  Dear ladies, you are not forgotten.  I do not know why God's timing is what it is, and I don't think we ever know why.  God's chosen this timing for me, but I remember.

I'm looking forward to my first Mother's Day tomorrow - I got a little present from Vera Bradley today, and I get to celebrate with my own mom tomorrow evening.  Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment