Thursday, August 6, 2015

*tap tap tap* Is this thing on?

So, the last thing I posted was 6 months ago.  I'm aware.  You see, I've been so busy making sure my life was worthwhile, that I let anything that wasn't a top priority drop.  There were two weeks in May that I never even turned on the tv. Summer is almost over, and I feel like I'm still recovering from spring.  So what the heck was I doing?

 - I had the busiest accompanying season of my career.  There was a lot of difficult music to be played, and I played it.  I am so thankful to have had all the work!

 - In the midst of my busy season, our sweet music minister had to have surgery and I was supposed to fill in for 2 weeks.  It ended up being 2 months!  It was fun, and my organ skills definitely improved, but made for a 7 day work week!

 - Kyle got a promotion!  Ok, so this wasn't me, but it meant some different schedules for him, which meant more work on the home front for me. 

 - We bought a new car!  I had driven my Nissan Versa to near death, and it just didn't have space I needed.  I brought home an awesome Mazda CX-5.




Oh, and I met Derek Holland from the Texas Rangers while I was signing paperwork.


 - I finished up a school year at 3 new schools.  Whew.  A change is good, but hard!

 - We went on mini-vacation with my parents, a vacation just the three of us, and a girls' weekend (just me, Kyle and WP didn't go).

 - I'm working on a decluttering project, threw a birthday party for my soon to be 2 year old, redid said 2 year old's room, several home projects, and all that other life stuff.

Y'all, it's been a really busy 6 months!  I've got a lot more in store for the last half of 2015, but we can talk about that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment